Monday, December 1, 2008

Thankful, Thanksgiving




Thanksgiving this year was undoubtedly difference from what I have been used to. But then, so is so much of what is happening in my life this year. I found this reality made this Thanksgiving all-the-more sweet.

This year we were missing a few family members due to circumstances. Some live too far away to make it in, and others had to stay home with other family... on the flip side of this however, we added a few to the "family".


-note: you'll see Rambo in many photos... that is because, scoff as you might, he is part of our family :)


A very dear couple (friends of ours) opened up their home to us for our family to celebrate Thanksgiving with them. We drove up Wednesday evening to stay the night and begin our Thanksgiving early on Thursday. Mom's side of the family (excluding those I mentioned before) drove up Thursday at noon along with my fiance' Justin McConnell... and the celebrations began.

I will keep my narative short, because if I were to list all of the "goings on" of the day, it would be a post that you'd never finish. But, I must say, having my fiance' there with me was oh-so-special. I was able to fellowship with my family, which is extremely important to me, it makes me happy... and have him there with me! Life couldn't have been better.
This was the last year that I will celebrate Christmas with my family as an Atchley. However, as a McConnell, I trust family dynamics will remain sweet. I am very close to my family- my twin Sarah, my parents and my brothers. I suppose it comes along with being homeschooled, and learning to bear with one another through the trials of a father/husband in the ministry. There's a bond there I personally, don't think anyone else could touch.
I love the fact that my Justin, is loved by and loves my family. It does my heart good. So, for that... I am very Thankful This Thanksgiving.


No comments: