Thursday, January 8, 2009

Seasons Come and They Go


God's ways are definitely beyond my own. I will never know what He is thinking until I have arrived to the end of my story.

As it is, I am only 21 going on 22 and my story already has so many twists and turns that figuring out how it will end would be impossible except for His promise of His goodness.

Many know but, for those of you who don't... my company that I've worked for going on or over 5 years is closing. I don't know how long they're going to allow me to sit here in my office yet; but, I know it won't be for too much longer. In the face of that however, I find peace. In the face of my current circumstance... not yet having another job lined up, etc. I am happy! The Lord keeps reminding me of His goodness and His providence. For instance, let me tell you a story.

Yesterday, as I was at work... while I was in the middle of a conversation with my boss in regards to finding work, what she's going to do, what I'm going to do, what about my wedding, etc. I received a phone call from my mother, "Hannah, when do you get off?",

"At around 5:30ish." I answered, "Why?"

"Well, I'm standing here looking at the most beautiful dress (wedding dress that is), and if it's as stunning on you as it is on this hanger it'll be a miracle."

I didn't get my hopes up... there's no way this dress could be perfect. It was only $115.00- ordered off of Ebay... first one I will ever have tried... period... the FIRST!

Well, I got home that evening... came back to mom's room and slipped on this beautiful dress. People, it fit like a glove! No alterations necessary PERIOD! Not only that but it looks like it was made for me and I for that dress. A more lovely dress I have NEVER seen in my life. This IS THE DRESS! And, it has to go down in history as the most pain free dress purchase there ever was. It came with everything I'll need for it, and the only thing I will have to do is steam it. Wow!

Now tell me, that it's not God who provides a gift like that? Tell me that He didn't know that He was interrupting a conversation with someone in regards to how "we'll make it" to give me something extravagent and filled with hope and dreams of a future and His promise of provision?! Tell me He didn't make THAT DRESS FOR ME! Ya'll I'm the only one who's ever worn it too... it still had the tags on it. That dress God made for me and for THIS SEASON!

Thank you God not only for provision, but for Your divine blessings!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

AH! Such a sweet post! You have me fighting tears over here, Hannah :)
It just cannot be that the little "peanut" (as I called you) that I first saw bundled up in a white bassinette is now getting married. It just can't be!
This is one wedding that I will never make it through without my make-up being smeared all over my face.
And if this is "little Hannah" getting married now, that means it won't be that long until my "babies" are following behind...
Wow... what a sweet season!

Liz Overton said...

God is awesome! I can't wait to see you in the dress!!! :)

I'm praying for you and so thankful to hear that God is giving you the grace to be happy and content with where he has you--regardless of what the circumstances around you might try to dictate! :)

Love you!

Unknown said...

Hannah, what a beautiful bride you will be! I am so, so blessed to be getting you for a daughter-in-law!

Unknown said...

I am soooooo happy for you, dear. Happy to see your faith and trust in the Lord. Happy to see His lavish blessing on your life. Happy that your wedding . . . and a new life of adventures in Him . . . is coming up on May!!!

Sheila Atchley said...

A more beautiful dress, a more beautiful bride, there will never be.

(Sent this once - and today, I see it never showed up!)

Love, and Keep Dreaming,
Mom