Friday, August 22, 2008

Mona Lisa- The Woman of Mystery


Listening to a Nat King Cole song “Mona Lisa” here in my office I am inspired…


Most know that Mona Lisa’s expression in the painting has been pondered for years. What is she thinking and feeling? Why the mysterious expression?


Personally, I think she’s reveling in the mystery. It was purposeful… it was supposed to draw in the masses and stir up admirers.


You see, a woman is supposed to be cloaked in mystery. That’s the beauty of the feminine nature.When a man looks at a woman, there is supposed to be an overwhelming desire to know her.


This is why, I protect and relish my mysterious characteristics. Women who bare all and reveal all aresurrendering one of the most irresistible aspects of womanhood. Personal information shared tooquickly ruins the beauty of it. Clothing that reveals all leaves nothing left for a man’s imagination.


What’s wrong with pleasant surprises : )


This may seem uncomfortable, but I get so tired of having some of my mystery exposed by other womenwho are all - to willing to reveal all. They do this, in order to make up for some insecurity.Security revels in mystery.

(For men who may be reading this blog, I apologize in advance for the feminine nature of it.)


I am proud of the fact, that Justin still has much to learn of me. He’s never seen, nor has he Figured out much of my ways. In fact, he is blissfully ignorant of most. One day will he figure out more about me? Probably, but not before it’s the right and appropriate time.


Mystery is my favorite garment. I wear it proudly… it leaves more to a mans imagination than we womenrealize (not inappropriately speaking of course: ). It makes us strongly desirable.


In reflection, I see a tendency in the U.S. today. Women are more exploited than every… and I believe it’sbecause we’ve lost pride in our mystery. We need to renew this pride, and take back something that’s ours by rights.


“Mona Lisa, Mona Lisa men have named you. You’re so like the woman with the mystic smile.”

“Do you smile to temp a lover Mona Lisa?… Or is this your way to hide a broken heart.”

“ Are you warm are you real Mona Lisa? Or just a cold and lonely, lovely work of art?”


Let your mind reel back to the “good old days” when women wore the beautiful dresses, and dress suits.Classy, sophisticated women who could turn heads, without revealing all, without sharing all, or talking loudly.Not demanding attention…


Just---- warranting it.

2 comments:

Sheila Atchley said...

Such a good message...one could wish all young girls could read this, and upon reading it, would actually "get it"!

Liz Overton said...

I *loved* this post, Hannah! It has been my desire for years to have a certain amount of mystery about me, that makes a guy (or anyone for that matter, to an extent) have to get to know me better to catch even a passing glimpse of what's deep in my heart. I like the way Leslie Ludy puts it in "Authentic Beauty", she refers to it as "feminine mystique." I want someone to have to get to know me as opposed to having me reveal all right away. It will make having a relationship (and this includes friendships) all the more enjoyable when we can learn more about each other together, over time.