Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Seasons of Desire


How many times have I heard in my spirit, "Oh ye of little faith" these past few months?. Too many to count, and yet it continues.


I know that I am to place my trust in Jesus. I know His plans are the best for me, or do I?


If I did, would I be worrying?


Worry isn't of Christ, doesn't the scripture say "Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will take care of itself."

So, thinking backwards here,... if I'm worrying about tomorrow, I may not be walking in Christ.


My fear you ask? That my strongest desire won't be His will for me right now.

Do I believe His will and ways are better?

- I thought I did... but if I did would I still so strongly desire mine?


"For My ways are better than your ways says the Lord; and My thoughts higher than your thoughts."


Lord, if these desires of mine are not Yours... would you take them from me? I want to desire Your ways for me, not my own... but I do not know how to in my own power. It will simply have to be You.

Amen (so be it)


PS. God, if my desires do fit into Your plans... could you speed the process up a little?? -lol lol



4 comments:

Justin said...

My love,
You're sure not alone in this! I feel you. "Do not worry..." and yet I worry about everything it seems.

But what does the Lord say?

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart"

Ouch... I find my heart has not been delighting in the Lord of late. I've had studies to worry about, and this and that to worry about...

God sure isn't a genie in a lamp, who gives me everything I want. But I do know He might not be able to give me some things because my heart isn't set on Him. Otherwise, I might miss out on Him in the process.

(if I don't stop writing now, I'll write a thesis on your comment page. I'll save the rest for my blog lol)

Again, I'm with you darling.

Liz Overton said...

I hear that message loud and clear. The Lord has been teaching me the same thing over the past few months. And I know I still have plenty to learn.

Unknown said...

Ah, yes. A sticky point for most Christians here in the good ol' USA. Pray for what I want . . . pray for what the Lord wants . . . could I even WANT what He wants? Great blog, Hannah. We most definitely need to check our desires and how they relate to our prayers.

jame said...

Oh Hannah, man this spoke to me. Especially after today's teaching.
Even Justin's response was amazing and Pastor Tim spoke on that to today!
Jame