Monday, September 22, 2008

*Welcome Home Sister*




*Welcome home sister*

Preface: I want to recongnize the fact that MANY servants hearts went out on this particular trip to Cambodia. Maria and Katherine Kear and Jonathan Trentham went along with Sarah to serve and to share the Gospel of our Lord, Jesus Christ. However, forgive me for playing favorites... Sarah is my sister, and I'd like to welcome her home.
Sarah and I are very close (in part- due to being together from birth. Yes, we are twins).

As a result of that closeness, I really do miss her when she leaves; esp. for any extended period of time.

She and I are absolute polar opposites-- thus, most times we get along GREAT... other times:

"Backup ladies and gentlemen... there's something going DOWN!!!"
However, these moments are now, few and far between.

Sarah is my confidant... she will know more about me than anyone else (other than my parents and my future husband). She's simply been there with me... from birth.

We've stayed up late in the past huddled under the covers of our bed, whispering and giggling with one another... making plans and executing them with wonderful style : )

--Sorry mom and dad.


We make a great team and always have worked best together. We were able to work together for a time at Cedar Springs Christian Bookstore, and took customers by storm. People loved us when we were together.
Let me tell you, together we got more done than any myriad of employees put together... I know this to be the truth. -Ask me how : )

She and I can be honest with one another, never fearing the results. We will, simply put, always be there for one another; through every season of life... enduring together every change and going with the flow- together.

There may be a time, where she is called back across the seas somewhere for a extended period of time... and I will still remain here...... but, together we'll go....

I haven't once stepped foot in Cambodia, she has twice now... But, we have impacted that place and those precious people together. I support---she goes.

There is so much more to tell here, but for lengths sake, I will refrain.

But, *welcome home dear sister and friend* I've missed you!!






3 comments:

Justin said...

Hannah, I must say, you're getting to be a better writer. Good job :P I always love reading your blog.

And Frumps, welcome home! I've, uh.... missed you too? :P lol

Unknown said...

K-town . . . and especially Harvest Church . . . is just not the same without Sarah!! I, personally, have missed her very much. Welcome home Sarah!!!!!

Liz Overton said...

I'm so glad they're almost home! I've missed all Harvest members on the team bunches, but must admit that I've probably missed my CCA buddies just a bit more. ;)