Monday, September 8, 2008

Family





My Family knows I love them. Put pure and simply, they are a firm foundation for me.


My mother and father will always carry and aspect of home to me. When I get married and move away to make my own home, it will more than likely be modeled after the one I grew up in. They will forever be a central and important part of my life. I can truly say, “I am blessed” because my home is whole and it is healthy.In my mind, my family IS home. Home is not the house… home is truly where the heart is, and until God draws my heart concluded-ly otherwise, home is with my family. I may not remain at home until the day I marry.

In fact, I plan on moving out as soon as “soon” will allow.But, my heart is going to be with my relationships.

My family has forged relationships through fire. As a family we went through rough seasons; seasons of drought, disappointment, hard work, seeming failure, betrayal and through seasons of un-equaled joy. This has welded us together with a bond too strong to break.


We’ve been together through each individuals seasons of trial, or testing. Through seasons where relationship became stressed because it was taken for granted. BUT, through all God has remained faithful to only grow us together stronger.


I’ve watched this play out in my life in a manner that can only be labeled as providential grace. This is not the working of anyone’s wisdom or superior love. It’s simply God’s love manifesting through us towards one another. It’s the love that sticks to a brother through ALL times.


Even now, there are trials we must face together. When it directly relates to one of us is when it hits the hardest.BUT! I place my trust in the same God who, by His providential grace has grown us together thus far, and I know, will continue to do so.


Someday, I will have a family of my own. I pray, that the gift that I have had in my family now, will be continued, grown further and passed on to my future family.


So, thank you Dad and Mom for sowing into family with time and tears.Fond memories have been made and will be treasured for the rest of my life.


There’s a quote I love… who it’s from, I don’t know.

It reads:
“We do not remember days. We remember moments.”

1 comment:

Sheila Atchley said...

This has touched my heart in a big day, today....and on a day when I needed it more than any other day I can remember in recent history.

Thanks Hannah.

Mom