Monday, September 29, 2008

Selah


This weekend has been full of lessons, thoughts, and God moments for me. I feel that at every turn, something was being spoken to my spirit.
After the sermon this past Sunday (which only confirmed what the Lord had been trying to speak to me over the weekend) I just felt an instant need to come away… to think, to ponder and to meditate.

I, as of yet, haven’t necessarily had the opportunity to do so.

Last night was CCA (which, by the way, those who missed truly missed out. It was Holy Spirit inspired, challenging, encouraging and strengthening… which sweet fellowship and wonderful conversation.) and, this morning I have to work.


However, I am in a Selah state. My mind and my heart are simply fixated on the things of the weekend. This could also be labeled as a “meditative state” which is biblical, yes.

In the Psalms the word Selah is used relatively often.

Out of curiosity, I decided to see what the online Websters had to say about Selah….

Surprisingly enough here’s what it said:


- a term of uncertain meaning found in the Hebrew text of the Psalms and Habakkuk carried over untranslated into some English versions.


You know what I discovered through this? The world is simply uncomfortable with Selah because it’s the moment that is reserved completely for the thoughts revolving around Christ and Christ alone.


In an online search for a Strongs concordance, here is what I found:
#5541 Calah (saw law’) a primitive root; to hang up, i.e. to weigh, or to contemplate, to tread down, to value.

#5542 Celah (seh law) from 5541; a suspension (of music), i.e. to pause--- Selah


So, to Selah, is to pause what’s going on around you, to weigh, to contemplate, to take time to break it down and to value something. It is a suspension of current ongoings in order to value something that was just said specifically by Jesus himself.


There is no doubt in my mind that this weekend has been Jesus’ whisperings to my heart. That conversations, scripture and the relationships that have been cultivated this weekend were directly from God to myself… So what am I going to do with it?


God says to my heart, Selah.But God, I must work….. SelahBut God, my favorite show’s on…. Selah


Take sometime, come away--- Selah.


David was near and dear to God’s heart, why I wonder??


Selah

4 comments:

Jonathan Trentham said...

This was good Hannah. Thank you.

selah

Tim Atchley said...

Hey hannahe,

here is this picture from?

Great posting!

Hannah Nichole Atchley said...

Hey Daddy,
I just took the picture from the internet... it looked Selah-ish

Thank you:)
I love you bunches

Justin said...

Yes darling, that is good!